These stories never get old

Even if the students do.  Ba-doom Pshh.  I love her statement about continuing to work.  Reminiscent, of course, of what Micky Mantle said: "If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."

College Inc. - Anne Arundel student celebrates 100th birthday
Myrtle Berglund, a student at Anne Arundel Community College, celebrated her 100th birthday Tuesday at the Arnold Senior Center, where she takes classes.

The lunchtime party included a jazz ensemble and cake brought by Berglund's family.

Berglund was born in Bridgeport, Conn., according to a profile in the Annapolis Capital. She attended business school, worked at a bank during the Depression, got laid off, then worked for a Bridgeport plant until it closed in the 1970s. She retired in 1980. She never married.

She told the paper, "I think I would have kept working if I'd known I was going to live so long."

Her community college courses: Maryland History, the Art of Pottery, Adaptive PE and Enhancing Mind Functions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completion