Don't worry, be happy
According to this recent survey, only half of college graduates think college was worth it. If half our graduates are unhappy, imagine what the many drop-outs think. Unsurprisingly, those that like us feel more engaged with us. From CBS MoneyWatch.
The Gallup-Purdue study pinpointed the following six factors that the researchers said strongly related to great jobs and satisfying lives after college:
- Had at least one professor who made students excited about learning.
- Had professors who cared about the student as a person.
- Had a mentor who encouraged the student to pursue goals and dreams.
- Worked on a project that took at least a semester to complete.
- Had internship or job that allowed student to apply what was learned in the classroom.
- Was extremely active in collegiate extracurricular activities.
Sadly, only 3 percent of graduates who participated in the first Gallup-Purdue survey could answer yes to all six factors.